Got all your marbles???
Three years ago, I went to an art fair with my mom and found the coolest little booth full of jewelry. I know that there are loads of people at fairs like these that make their own jewelry but this was different...
The idea behind this couple's jewelry was that you get one setting and you can switch out the stones~ which actually weren't stones at all but... MARBLES! I loved the way that the big chunky ring looked on my middle finger and I LOVED that I could change it to match whatever I was wearing! (That picture on my finger isn't the best. I wear it on my right hand so to take a picture was REALLY difficult.)
I can honestly say that I have probably worn this ring nearly every day since I've gotten it! While I brush my teeth in the morning, I look through my marble bag to see which color would go best with my wardrobe for the day. My first graders got a huge kick out of it (which was cute at first) and they STILL will comment on the color of my ring on most days (hearing about Mrs. Doran's magic ring isn't as cute as it once was... and yes I have taken it out and shown them that it was just a marble).
The ring itself was a bit over 100 dollars and has been worth every cent. It is sterling silver and you get about 30 marbles with it. At a recent trip to Bronners with the Dorans, I found some more marbles and what a treat... to change my ring cost me a whopping TWENTY CENTS! I get compliments everywhere on it- the girl at the mac store took down the info, my dental hygienist is buying one for her daughter, a friend at church hopes to get her's next week. While shopping the other day someone quick got out her notepad to find out where she could get my ring...
You don't have to get out your notepad though- just click below the picture to check out the rings, necklaces and earrings by this clever company! And with a name like "Got all your Marbles", you can't go wrong giving this as a gift for a milestone birthday!
I love it and want one!!! Glad your updates are back on fb:-)
ReplyDeleteI like that ring and notice it everytime I see you.
ReplyDeleteRemember the difference you make in children lives. Priceless. :)
Ronda
That is so different and unique. It looks really pretty on your hand. I put the link in my favorites.
ReplyDeleteLaura this is beautiful and such a good idea.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I wanted to thank you for the info on the new email subscribers box. I added one to mine and have been getting some new subscribers that way.