Today I saw a miracle!

Today I saw a miracle! And it wasn't just that my son was baptised surrounded by family and friends- and it wasn't just that he has Godparents that will always love and pray for him- and it wasn't just that a congregation of people were there to witness and pray and applaud at what they experienced- (Or that our babe was an angel through the whole service!) Well- it was all that- but so very, very much more.
Joey and Ali Jane have been talking about the baptism for weeks, telling Sean about it too, and it has been such a joy to watch as I'm sure that they don't remember their own baptisms (though Ali Jane assured Pastor Paul that she did!). While getting ready this morning I heard Ali Jane telling Sean, "You are going to get some water on your head, and it's not going to hurt at all- it's going to feel good. It's going to be God." They wanted a front row seat for everything, and that they had!
Sean's Godmother, my sister-in-law Stephanie, held him as he was baptised. How wonderful to watch her hold him and love him and to know that she will hold him in her prayers and close to her heart always. She has been a blessing to my brother, to me, and now to my children. With tears down her face I knew what this meant today. I saw it!
Sean's Godfather, (Now 'Uncle') Mike, also stood with us as he promised to be in Sean's life. He has been an amazing example to Jeff, and they now work together as worship leaders at our church. Today as we celebrated after Sean's baptism, I watched and knew that he (and his wife, Joyce) will always be in our lives- praying for our children. I could close my eyes and get a glimpse into that future and my heart just swelled! I saw it!
But perhaps the biggest (human) player in today's miracle was this man, our pastor, Paul. He came to the hospital that fall day back in September 2003. He cried with us, he comforted us- and while he also married us, it was that moment- in the hospital- when he spoke words I needed to hear- that I knew life was going to be o.k. That no matter what happened to us, or our children- we were going to be o.k. Today as he baptised our son- with tears streaming down his face (and all of ours) I saw a miracle. The miracle of baptism- yes- but more- the miracle of a husband and wife who have an amazing marriage- a husband and wife who have amazing children- a husband and wife who have an amazing God! Yes I saw a miracle- I see them everyday! We are so blessed! God is so very good!

Comments

  1. Absolutely perfect, what a beautiful post about your family, friends, church, pastor and God.
    Sounds like a blessed day. I am so happy for you and your family. How wonderful to have Sean blessed in front of all those who love him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't have a better godfather than my daddy... but perhaps I'm biased. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tears are streaming down my face....you always touch me....<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!