Happy Birthday to Me!


I always have loved being a Christmas Eve baby. I have such fond memories of my parents giving us the play-by-play of what was happening the day of my birth (what time they went in the hospital... what the doctors were saying and when...) We always visited our wonderful relatives in Hamtramck- which is a great Polish community. I loved my birthday- and still do- (and yes- my folks still talk about what happened 34 years ago... and at 6:38 when I was finally born.)
After the family service at church, (we go to the family service- though I can't wait until the kids are older so we can go to candle-light services again...) we went to dinner with my parents and my brother and his family. It is so fun to say his "family" since he and his wife have added their new addition- and Ali Jane is THRILLED to have a new cousin who is a GIRL! And Zach- well... that kid can't get enough of babies!
Sean hasn't been feeling well, but we went out anyway. He slept through church and much of dinner. It is easy to travel with him and I am shocked that this is the first time I have fed a baby in public- (even though I nursed all of my kids for a year...) I am really discreet though and it is so nice not to have to bring bottles around!
After dinner we went back to my folks' where I was given some amazing gifts! I am in LOVE with my new Miche bag which is a purse that has different 'shells' you can buy to change the look of it! I also was very excited to get a GPS since I have NO sense of direction and am almost always late because of it! The best gift of course was being surrounded by people I love! I am so lucky to be married to my best friend and to have made such amazing little people with him! 33 was a great year!

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday to you and Ali Jane! I got a Miche bag (and shells!) for Christmas too...love it! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday...hope Sean feels better soon.

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to you and Ali Jane! I got a Miche bag (and shells!) for Christmas too...love it! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday...hope Sean feels better soon.

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!