Cackers!

Joey didn't talk until he was about a year and a half old. Ali Jane... well, I think that she came out of the womb talking. Zach... um... we're still pretty much waiting. Dont' get me wrong- he knows the necessary words, "No, Mine, Yoey, Ayee, Mommy, Dahdee, etc" and he understands everything. He'll get you a diaper if you ask him. And if you ask him to grab a specific book- he'll do that too!
We've had some nice spring weather lately and Zach has not been understanding the word "No." lately. When I said, "No. It's time to come in." He replied... "NO, NO, NO!"
After a temper-tantrum later and of course some dinner, we were settling in for the evening. I was cleaning up and he came to me- opening and closing his hand toward our pantry... "CACKER, CACKER, CACKER!"
"No." I said. "You've already had dinner, we need to get ready for bed. Why don't you pick out a book and we'll go up and read." "NO, NO, NO!" He screamed. I could hear him crying as I walked away. I went upstairs and was sitting on my bed waiting for him to show up with his book as he usually does.
And he did show up. But he didn't have a book in his hand. To my surprise he had a bag of "Cheese-its" AKA "Cackers!
I couldn't help but hide the smile that crept across my face as he came silently to the side of the bed and handed me the bag of 'Cackers'. Then he pulled himself up on the bed, sat next to me and took the bag back.
Luckily for me I had my camera on my bed- reviewing Zach's adventures from the day that my mom had taken.
I should have told him "No. No Crackers." but something about that little face wouldn't let me. I think he was so proud of himself to have gotten the 'Cackers" all by himself. He was just so happy- he even offered me some.

Comments

  1. Laura- that is great!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story, Laura. So cute! Caroline does the same thing -- goes into the pantry and gets out what she wants, and then is so darn proud of herself. Her faves are Goldfish, animal crackers & Pop Tarts. She also likes Cheez Its like Zachy, so they can share! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!