Ali Jane and Mr. Jared



Zach is my social butterfly, shaking hands with everyone at church and going to anyone with an outstretched arm. Joe is cautiously friendly and Ali Jane... well- when she was younger we used to joke that she had a super-power that would make her invisible. The moment someone would look at her, she would drop her head, avoiding all eye-contact and suddenly no one would see her anymore. She would do this often, especiallly with men, ESPECIALLY with my friend, Jared.


Jared works at Loon Lake with me and we became fast friends. I'm sad to say that he beat me in the 'Biggest Loser' competition by a pound. He promised me he'd buy me lunch since I gave him such a great competition, but that was last year and I'm still waiting... I think I could be waiting a while now... He's old and will probably forget he even told me he'd buy me lunch!




Jared turned 30 today and (because I work with the most wonderful and fun people on the planet) we had a blast! The entire staff dressed in black. (Even our principal work a black suit with a black shirt underneath.) And throughout the day people delivered Jared presents like 30 paperclips to hold himself together, tissues to wipe away his tears from being so old... etc (It didn't matter that most of us are actually older than him...) We had a blast.



My first delivery to Jared was 30 precise words to describe someone as 'old' as he now is! My students had fun coming up with precise words, but even I have to admit- 30 is A LOT and so I used my thesaurus for some added help.

For my second 'gift' I looked to Ali Jane for a little help...
The original plan was to take a picture of Ali Jane looking away from the camera as she does for Jared- but that didn't work. Without him around she's actually quite social so the best I got was the photo you see above- and so- I copied that picture 30 times and plastered it all over Loon Lake for Jared to find.
Unfortunately I had to leave about 45 minutes early (Joey got sick at school...) and so I still don't know if he found all his little "Ali Jane's." I believe last I heard from him, he was at 28...

On the way home from school I was talking to Joey about how he was feeling and out of the blue Ali Jane said, "Mom, did Mr. Jared like my picture." All I could do was smile and laugh. "Yes dear, I think he did!"

Happy Birthday Jared! Welcome to the 30s!!!


Comments

  1. Thanks for sending out the blog. Well done, as usual, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - to be thirty again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!