Gifts from Elsa!

I am so blessed! Not only do I have the best friends in the Universe! I have friends with kids who out-grow their clothes and toys and pass them on to my kids. My girlfriend Caron passes down things from her boys, and my girlfriend Kelly passes down things from her daughter, Elsa. Yesterday, Elsa gave Ali Jane a lot of dresses (which she tried on immediately) and though they are a little big she wore one last night and another today to "school" over a T-shirt and jeans. In addition to the cool clothes Ali Jane got.... A CINDERELLA VANITY! My goodness! I thought for a moment the world may have stopped for Ali Jane!
She sat at this vanity and painted her nails, put on perfume, rubbed lotion into her hands and arms and put on some blush and on occasion, Cinderella and other princesses would appear in the mirror to talk to Ali Jane which she thought was so special. She couldn't stop talking about Elsa and how much she loves her! Now Ali Jane already had a little pink vanity (albeit colored with blue crayon...) and she quickly moved it to the door because it was so not as cool as her new princess vanity. Zachy didn't get all of the excitement though I could tell by his face he was trying to take it all in.

I don't know if Joe understood the excitement of the whole vanity thing either- but being the other "pea in the pod", Joe took to doing what his little sister was doing. Since he didn't have any of the cool Cinderella accessories that Ali Jane's vanity had, he decided to put the "blue candy man" on his face. He is afterall a boy so can't be too girly you know. Hmmm... Do you think I could use this one as black-mail one day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!